How to Select a Hotline Vendor
Written by: Jillian Concepcion on April 30, 2013
There are a variety of services offered by compliance hotline vendors, with many whistles and bells to differentiate them. Each vendor may have something which they consider to be a unique feature. However, there are a number of standard features that vendors should have and, likewise, that you should consider when selecting a vendor. The following are among the most common features which should exist among any vendor being considered.
- Experience. Make sure the vendor has an adequate track record of performance. Should avoid start up ventures with no history. Request at least 5 years experience in providing hotline services.
Learn About Our Confidential Hotline ServicesGet Free Quote & Demo
- Recordings. Never use a service that includes recording of caller’s voice, it can be a costly mistake.
- Accessible. Vendors should provide reporting mechanisms 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year.
- Reporting Channels. Provide alternative reporting to client, including email, facsimile, web-based reporting that is offered without additional charge.
- Call Reports. All call reports should be sent in writing within a day of receipt and all high-priority calls reported immediately by telephone.