OIG Releases Medicaid Program Integrity Report for FY 2013.
Date posted: May 7, 2014
On April 4, the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) released the Medicaid Integrity Program for Fiscal Year (FY) 2013. The OIG reported on issues including:
- Deficiencies with state licensure or certification requirements for Assisted Living Facilities;
- Improper federal reimbursement claimed by California State for payment of items or services provided that were associated with excluded providers
- Improper state restrictions on eligibility for the mandatory home health benefit to homebound individuals
- Non-compliance with Medicare conditions of participation; and
- Failure to identify third-party liability for payment.
Many of the results in the Medicaid Integrity Program report for FY 2013 reflect OIG’s funding and work over multiple years.
The Medicaid Integrity Program for FY 2013 is available at:
Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General. “Medicaid Integrity Program Report for Fiscal Year 2013.” 4 Apr. 2014.