OIG Issues Mid-Year Update to FY 2015 Work Plan.
Date posted: June 1, 2015
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) issued the fiscal year (FY) 2015 Work Plan Mid-Year Update. The update summarizes the OIG’s plan for new and ongoing reviews and activities concerning HHS programs and operations during the remainder of FY 2015 and beyond.
Key additions in the Work Plan Mid-Year Update include:
- Medicare outpatient payments for intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
- Hospital preparedness and response to high-risk infectious diseases.
- Other Providers
- Annual analysis of Medicare clinical laboratory payments; Inpatient rehabilitation facility payment system requirements.
- Other Part A and Part B Program Management Issues
- Use of electronic health records to support care coordination through ACOs.
- Part D
- Part D oversight portfolio.
- Billing trends for Part D drugs and commonly abused opioids.
- Financial Reviews
- Review of financial interests reported under the Open Payments Program.
The FY 2015 Work Plan Mid-Year Update is available at:
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General. “Fiscal Year 2015 Work Plan Mid-Year Update.” 28 May 2015.